There’s always something exciting happening at the Museum of International Folk Art! Join us for our many programs listed below.
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
2018 1st Annual Winter Solstice Stroll on Museum Hill- Join us on Museum Hill as the museums stay open late, till 7pm, to celebrate the season on the winter solstice eve!
MOIFA, MIAC and MOSCA on the Hill will be open with Free admission. Enjoy the holiday season with family and friends while enjoying activities at the Museum of International Folk Art including:
- Family Friendly Make and take your own farolito
- Visit our mercado with handmade holiday gifts from local artisans and the museum shop, last minute gifts from $5.00 and up
- Listen to Celtic Harp Duo, Linda Larkin and Claire Breitinger
- Enjoy hot apple cider and home made biscochitos
Other Events on the Hill Include-
Museum of Spanish Colonial Art: Doors are open to the public to view our nationally acclaimed show GenNext: Future so Bright while enjoying a holiday atmosphere of music, song, and food. 4–4:30 pm: Santa Fe Desert Chorale Caroling. Entertainment by the Santo Niño Marimba Bandof Angels; create a hand-made ornament for the holidays – an Ojo de Dios; refreshments and more.
Santa Fe Botanical Garden: Light up your holiday season with GLOW –Cosmic Nights! This annual event features thousands of twinkle lights and beautiful large scale light installations all aglow throughout the Botanical Garden. Enjoy live music, festive beverages, and meet Santa with the kiddos (12 and under get in free!). Join us for this delightful holiday tradition in Santa Fe.
Admission $10 for adults, kids 12 and under are free.
Museum of Indian Arts and Culture
- 4 & 5:30 pm: Jemez Pueblo Buff alo Dancers
- 5 & 6 pm: Tewa Women’s Choir, MIAC theater
- 5:30 & 6:30 pm: Renata Yazzie (Diné) – pianist –playing a mix of classical and holiday music, Museum lobby
- Open until 7 pm: The Colleen Cloney Duncan Museum Shop
Outdoor tree lighting. Ornament workshop for families/adults in Museum classroom. Festive holiday refreshments. Traditional Western holiday music sung in Diné piped outdoors.
Daily Walk-In Docent Tours
Our docents open up the world of folk art and the history of the museum to you. No reservations are required for docent tours, which are available:
10:30 & 11:30AM and 2:00PM. To confirm the day’s tours, please call the museum front desk at 505-476-1204.Learn More